Thursday, May 14, 2009

Lauren and Patrick are Engaged!

Before jetting out of town to go visit the windy city, I combined two of my most favorite things in this world; good friends and rockin' photography!

Patrick and I go wayyyyyyyy back to Kindergarden; almost 20 years! Wow, I feel so old just typing that, but it's true! Patrick and I went to Mariners Christian School from Mrs. Nielson's Kindergarden class all the way to Mr. Bahadoor's eighth grade homeroom and have kept in touch ever since. I can't tell you how weirdly awesome it was to photograph my good friend and his soon to be wife! While going through these pictures, I stopped on more than several occasions just marveling at life and how surreal this all was (shooting a friend's wedding) and felt an overwhelming sense of honor to even be involved with Patrick and Lauren's day! As I'm sure you'll be able to see in about 2 milliseconds, Patrick and Lauren love live, love another, and LOVE to laugh! Undoubtedly those have the been the cornerstones of their long distance relationship this past year, and I have no doubt it's what will enrich the rest of their lives together :)

Here are a handful of some our favorites! Enjoy! And to Patrick and Lauren....you guys are AWESOME! We cannot wait to shoot your wedding!

GJW4

GJW7

GJW6

GJW8

GJW9

GJW10

GJW11

GJW13A

GJW14

GJW15

GJW17

GJW18

GJW19

GJW20

GJW21

GJW24

GJW28

GJW30

GJW31

GJW34

GJW35

GJW36

GJW12

**I know that it's out of order, but I wanted to end with one of my favorite shots of the day! Isn't this how every woman wants to be? Swept off her feet, going off into the sunset with the love of her life? :) **

AND IN KEEPING WITH BLACKMAIL THURSDAY TRADITION, HERE IS A PICTURE OF PATRICK AND I IN GRADESCHOOL! (I remember my mom getting mad at me for not tucking in my shirt! haha, weird huh?)

n620234508_1128067_3340

Can you spot me? Can you spot Patrick? :)

7 comments:

Tim Halberg said...

cute couple and fun session, love all the different looks you got!

Jessica Hanaumi said...

How cute are they?! I couldn't pick a favorite!

Anonymous said...

What an adorable couple! Love the ones under the boardwalk!

Gavin and Erin said...

Hey Guys!! Thank you so much for leaving some blog love!! You're so awesome :)

Anonymous said...

the light is beautiful in these images. i especially love the black and white ones! :)

Whitney Harms said...

oops! that last comment was from me!

Curtis Copeland said...

Great engagement session. Beautiful pictures. You really captured the romance between Patrick and Lauren. Nice work!