Saturday, June 27, 2009

Downtown Disneyland: Sara and Noam's Engagement!

I kissed Dumbo's butt.

It all started with my first trip to Disneyland...I was 5 years old, I had my Mickey Mouse ears on, and my Mom, Aunt, and Uncle all in tow. I was the first child in the entire family, and this trip was apparently a HUGE deal. A story from that momentous occasion still haunts me to this day. For whatever reason, my late-night sense of self-inflicted humiliation is just ready to roll.

So I was young, and those big Disney characters were scary! I was shy, and while all the other kids were giving Dumbo a hug, I was hidden behind my mom. Slowly, I inched my way towards the elephant I had adored my entire life. I kept looking back at my Mom for reassurance that it was okay to approach this monstrous animal. "Go ahead!" she said, "Go give Dumbo a kiss!" Sheepishly I kept inching my way towards him and right before I was going to kiss my portly pachyderm friend, I looked back at mom (my lips puckered) for that last word of approval. "Kiss Dumbo, sweetheart!" And so with my resolve emboldened, I did just that. Only Dumbo had turned around, and in doing so gave my family a story they will never let me forget.

I had to chuckle when we found out that Sara and Noam wanted to have their engagement shoot in Downtown Disney.

These two LOVE Disneyland! They have season passes and drive down from Simi Valley all the time to have wonderfully romantic dates under the glow of fireworks. However, on one particular night, Noam had different plans, and proposed to Sara in front of the castle and hundreds of people watching. It had so happened that they were all alone, and it was perfect! Amidst cheers from the crown, Sara said "YES!" and wasted no time at all getting the ring onto her finger!

It seems only fitting that Sara and Noam's season of engagement both start and end at the happiest place on earth. We had so much fun with them last weekend, and can't wait to shoot their wedding at the Disneyland Hotel later this Fall!

gjw1

GJW2

GJW3

GJW4

GJW5


GJW6


GJW8


GJW9


GJW10


GJW11


GJW12


GKW13

GJW14

GJW15

GJW16

GJW17

1 comment:

Jen Berry said...

they are adorable. love the mickey hats for B&G. I love the composition on the grass kissing shot. cool.