Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Kyoto Grand Hotel: Sarah and Hanan...Part One

Last Sunday I had the distinct pleasure of shooting with my friend and colleague, the one and only, Henry Chen! Close by his side and being totally awesome throughout the day was Jen Berry. Thank you Jen for all your help!

Our day started off in rainy downtown Los Angeles at the Kyoto Grand Hotel. Henry had been doing his rain dance all morning in the hopes that the ceremony would not be driven inside due to the weather! Either way though, Betty from Type A Planning had it figured out with a Plan "B' all ready to spring into action should mother nature get nasty. However, Henry's dancing must have paid off because the skies parted and we were blessed with an absolutely gorgeous afternoon with blue skies and not even a drop of rain!

The day could not have gone more smoothly. Both Sarah and Hanan were so much fun!! I had a blast hanging with the guys all morning and come ceremony time, we were ready to rock and roll!

As an observer watching their story unfold, I was in awe of the constant support, love, and energy Sarah and Hanan had around them throughout the entire day! Rain could have poured, flowers could have wilted, cakes could have fallen and yet something tells me that nothing would have been different about this day for anyone involved. This wasn't a party, this was a blessed union between two people who simply couldn't wait to commit their lives to one another, NO MATTER WHAT! From the moment he saw her, Hanan committed himself to never being without Sarah; I knew this day would be no different :)

I'll always remember this day for the culture, the celebration, the love, and last but not least...the dancing! Thank you to Henry for the invite!

I hope you enjoy! And as always, blog love is awesome, it keeps me postin' more!!

Wedding coordinator: Type A Planning

Make-up artist: Beauty By Solana

Hair stylist: True Beauty Pro

MC/DJ: Skye Michaels Orchestras

Florist: FlorUnique

Assistant: Jen Berry Photography

GJW

GJW2

GJW3

GJW4

GJW5

GJW6

More to come soon!

2 comments:

Henry Chen said...

FANTASTIC work as always Gavin! Going through your images and remembering how professional/dependable you were that day, I knew without a doubt I made the right choice in having you as not a second photographer, but a trusted colleague to help me document Sarah and Hanan's big day. I'm def looking forward to the next time, and the next time, AND the next time we work together!

And to any brides/grooms, friends, vendors, or just anyone else looking for a wedding photographer, I HIGHLY recommend Gavin Wade Photographers!

Rafael Alcala said...

Beautiful images, love the detail shots. Great job!!