Tuesday, February 24, 2009

WPPI 2009': Vegas Baby!

Call me a wimp...call me a sissy...call me whatever you want...but I am just NOW finally recovered from our WPPI trip! We got back exactly a week ago and finally I can feel my "sleep-o-meter" no longer on "E" but now closer to "FULL."

Before our trip began, we purchased a Flip MinoHD. It is a super compact HD video recorder that plugs directly into your computer's USB port. It already has the software built into the camera so all you have to do is plug it in and within minutes your videos can be up on YouTube, Vimeo, or anywhere else you want!

We took our customized Flip on the road with us to this years WPPI convention and recorded just a few of our favorite moments. I'm still trying to get the hang of it when it comes to getting some decent shots to splice together into a movie, but hopefully this will give you all an idea of why exactly it's taken a week for us to get back to normal (Erin's edit aimed in my direction: "As normal as can be hoped for at least")

....thank you for clearing that up, Erin.

So without further adieu, our first video blog! Much more to come for your viewing pleasure :)


Gavin Wade Photographers: WPPI 2009 from Gavin Wade on Vimeo.

3 comments:

Blah Blah said...

Awesome highlight video Gavin! Keep them coming!

Gavin and Erin said...

Hey BK! Thanks man! You and Helen had a cameo that I couldn't resist putting in there :) Better quality ones to come for sure, haha.

Anonymous said...

One of the best WPPI videos I've seen, great editing and audio guys! Hope you bring that Flip It wherever you go and post more videos :).