Thursday, October 16, 2008

Slobber Beneath the Stars

It's late. I have been staring at my computer screen for the better part of the day editing images, building our website, ordering our new business cards, and emailing old friends. It amazes me how quickly a day can just fly by when you just chug along trying to mark things off of your "To Do" list!
In an effort to get away from my desk to relax and unwind, I headed out into the crisp midnight air to sit in the jacuzzi...heated to the perfect 104 degrees. The type of 'hot' that makes your skin tingle while simultaneously giving you the chills. It's intoxicating really. I wasn't alone however on this moonlit night; Torrey was right there with me anxiously awaiting to shower me with kisses and joyfully receiving any ounce of attention I would give her :)

Now before you all start sending Erin emails alerting her about my scandalous midnight rendezvous, I feel it important to mention that Torrey is my dog! My pup of 5 years, who can awake me from any funk that I might be in. Her wagging tail combined with the undeniable scent of chlorine was just what I needed this evening. 

Both Erin and I are gearing up for what is to be an exciting two months, and we are making all efforts to prepare during this calm before the storm. We are very much looking forward to what God has in store for us the rest of this year! But as for tonight, I'm glad I took a break!

May you always find time to stop and smell the chlorine :)

DSC_0159blog
P.S. World...meet "Torrey The Dog!"

No comments: