Sunday, March 29, 2009

Anaheim Hills Golf Course: Chau and Mohammed

Happy Monday everyone!

Last weekend I had the privilege of shooting with Jeremy Lucero and together we captured Chau and Mohammed's wedding out in the hills of Anaheim at the Anaheim Hills Golf Course (which quickly reminded me of how much I "love" the 91 freeway...I digress).

You don't need to be the head cashier at Walmart to believe me when I tell you that these two come from drastically different cultures; both steeped in tradition that goes back for thousands of years! (I shop at Walmart...nothing but love for the blue light special!)

The ceremony earlier in the day was a Chinese tea ceremony, and the actual wedding ceremony was a traditional Muslim ritual, with most of it being read in Farsi and translated into English by the officiant. I must say, it was one of the most culturally enriched ceremonies I've ever been to! Each sentence, each gesture, and each item on the wedding table had a purpose and a meaning! It was such a pleasure to capture each of these meaningful moments of a couple that loves one another more deeply than even the most decadent of ceremonies could every convey. :)

Here are a few of the faves from the day! Make it a great week!

GJW1

GJW 3

GJW 2

The one up on the left is probably one of my favorite images that I've ever taken! This one has Chau written all over it :)

GJW 4

GJW6

GJW7

GJW8

GJW9

GJW10

GJW12

GWJ11

GJW13

GJW14

GJW15

GJW16

GJW17

GJW18

GJW19

1 comment:

sarina said...

OMG awesome photos Gavin!! You did a great job and the couple looks fabulous!